Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year, New Attempt

Having a neglected blog its like having a houseplant that you know, out of the corner of your eye, is unloved and whithering. I can't stand the guilt anymore....

Anyhow - I spent New Year getting off a plane feeling refreshed and like in mnay ways I was coming 'home'. I kissed the ground (it's bumpy this time of year and we had a 'run on' where the plane goes to land and then takes off again - apparently we were too close to the plane in front...), then trying to stay awake. My bodyclock was very insistent that it was time to down my drink and look up . say 'oooo' at the fireworks at 7pm EST, not five hours later.

Highlights of the evening was the time spent in the Oak Bar (pic) - serene, crowd-free and with the most fabulous (and much needed) expresso martinis.

Lowlights: Spending the exact minute of midnight on the 'T' subway system.

I have, yet again, made a list (nay, book) of New Year Resolutions - this time it's only 25. Reviewed last year and hey I kept some (including move to Boston and open up US-based office)....