Friday, January 12, 2007

A song to portray how I feel today...

Last weekend I had the great fortune of seeing the Dresden Dolls play here in Cambridge. Meant to write about it and to say how great the show was and songs such as this .

Anyhow, since then it's been a gut-wrenching week, and just as I was looking forward to the weekend I suddenly find that I have a knife sticking out of my back. I hadn't even realised it was there - seems it was planted earlier in the week by a customer. Hmm.. how, why and when?

So now I keep humming another Dresden Dolls song to myself: this one. Though what I really want to do is call up the individual who has gone out their way to wield a knife and plunge it quite so deep between my shoulder blades - and try to understand why. Then tell them what I think of them in no uncertain terms. But that would be unprofessional. Then I'd have to pack up my bags/hutch and head back across the Atlantic.

God, I need a drink. Now I wish I hadn't given up for NY. May have to drop that resolution.

tags: