Thursday, February 02, 2006

RIP my much-loved /used Dell Latitude

It's been quiet here as laptop has gone to the great PC World* in the sky. Hardware problems, I am told. It's being gutted (as am I by its demise) and will come back to life but go to someone else. We've had some good times though - several trips to France, Germany, the US, Canada. I have carried it everywhere.

I am giving up on Michael Dell and his laptops in favour of HP. Hopefully I will get new laptop later today - meanwhile I am on a borrowed laptop and working is clumsy (it's a Compaq and everything is the same - as you would expect - but somehow different), hence it's quiet from this corner. Frangelita: thanks for the concern, very sweet of you.

* Not true as I wouldn't buy something from those idiots if my digital life depended on it