Wednesday, January 17, 2007

NY: cold and Bindi

Sooo cold in NYC today. It sharply takes your breath away, stings your face and makes your hands want to curl up/drop off.

I was in Times Square and found myself watching (though a window into the studio) a defiant Bindi Irwin being interviewed on 'Good Morning America' and talking about her dad. Aw, so sad.

I suppose it puts things in perspective - such as a disasterous presentation I gave latter that day where the gods of technology (actually it was the Lesser God of Powerpoint) were *well* against me. They were backed up by the God of Typos (aka Gdo) so it wasn't my finest hour.**

Then I managed to leave something in left luggage. Yes, I know that's what it's meant for - but I checked it in for the day and then, as the Acela Express was hurtling through Connecticut that evening on my way back to Boston, I remembered that I had left it in a NYC left luggage facility. Doh.

** Though I had a note from the company afterwards and they said it had been 'different and fresh'. Hmmm..