Monday, January 22, 2007

Ready to dial 911...

Last night I was at home, half working and half watching TV (in that way your parents told you not to when you were doing your homework). Suddenly from the appartment below me there was sudden screaming, the sound of a wooden floor being hit very hard and glasses being smashed.

Fearful for my life and with my heart in my mouth, I tip-toed down the stairs and deadlocked the front door.

The screaming and shouting continued, with me trying to decide whether I should call 911. I was just waiting for the sound of gunfire (I just work on the assumption that every home has at least one high velocity rifle and a handy glove-compartment-sized revolver).

Half an hour/bottle of read wine later, my 'room mate' gets in (after I have un-barricaded door) - and says 'can you believe the Patriots are almost out - the poor guys downstairs sound distraught'. Hmmm. Just as well I only got as far as the '9' on the phone....

So - it's the Colts and the Bears playing in Miami in early Feb. All the papers this morning were full of a woeful looking local heart-throb/ pin up / NFL player Tom Brady - you can't see him sobbing from this angle...