Sunday, November 13, 2005

Bloody motherfucking lightweight assholes

On someone else's recommendation (not to mention the fact that they bought the tickets), I went to go and see Martha Wainwright last night - brilliant despite one or two men sneaking past *fem-security and diluting the oestrogen levels in the room. On the downside I have to admit that I'm never very comfortable at concerts where people stand still and I was home far too early. Well, that'll teach me to go out with lightweights.

Martha was fantastic and mesmorising (the person next to me had their eyes shut during some of the songs, I think the lyrics deeply affected them). I kept my eyes open for the whole thing - which reminded me of Alanis Morissette crossed with Edie Brickell.

PS Martha's angriest (and hence best-known) song was penned about her father - not about the fact that she had to go home early.

* Sounds like that ill-fated attempt of female condoms. Pure madness.