Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bobby's big hair


In late but few words before I hit the sack. Have spent evening at customer event and brain is closing down. Highlights of evening:

1 - meeting person who tested socks for a living;

2 - running (completely by chance) into someone who has been avoiding me for a few months that I really needed to sort something out with;

3 - Spending part of the evening barefoot in a crowded London bar (as my shoes managed to cut one of my heels to ribbons during the day), stepping on bit of glass and cutting foot (yes I know it was as stupid thing to do but really, my heel was bleeding loads). Come to think of it this was more of a lowlight;

4 - chatting to someone who had exactly the same hair as Patrick Duffy in his Dallas heydays. I even found him quite fanciable - only because he reminded me of the lovely Bobby when I was a young impressionable girl that watched far too much TV. Surely Bobby was one of the most fanciable TV icons of the 80s?*

Hands up: who fancied Bobby / Pam from Dallas? The choice of the two *must* cover everyone of both sexes.

I can't imagine many people fancied JR, Cliff Barnes (surely not, or the other Ewing brother - Ray?); Sue Ellen and her pissed up sneer; though not sure about Charlene (is that her name?) - after all she did have an enormous chest that she seemed to 'parade' somewhat even though it was already equal to her total height, and she seemed to flick her hair about alot. Then again I suppose they all did - even Bobby.

Night x

*Aside from Bill Oddie, don't even ask me about that fascination - I'm not sure where it began, with the Goodies possibly - I know it was when I was very young, just like SG spending part of her early years kissing Barry Manilow's face.