Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Lust and lager (not in that order)

Signs that you've had too much to drink.

1. You wake up at 2am, fully-clothed on your bed
2. Your bedroom light is on
3. You have a ball of mozzarella at the end of your bed*
4. You decide by 4.30am that it would be a great idea to go to the office as you are in too much of a state to read and you decided to get rid of your TV set a few weeks ago
5. You can't get dressed without falling over
6. You lock yourself out of your own office

All in all not the best start to the day. On the upside though I had (at least in the first part of it, which is much clearer in my mind) a fantastic afternoon out with Gordon Gecko (who manages to be greatly entertaining company whilst raving about things such as the secretive Plunge Protection Team).

Gordon had to abandon me for another appointment and I was about to head home when who should rear his not-so-ugly head but the once lustworthy P. A great ex-drinking partner and the Man Who Broke My Heart. Well, it was only polite to stay and get totally smashed with him.

On reflection this morning P is no longer the person I lust after and my heart is fully repaired - though the rest of my body hates me.

* No, I'm not sure about this either. I've never been the get-drunk-and-buy-a-lump-of-cheese type. Worrying.