Monday, November 21, 2005

I must ...

A varied weekend - G's birthday in Clapham and a day with Al in the outer reaches of London (Uxbridge). Al is one of my dearest friends - and the sort of person that makes you open the scary-looking mail you've been trying to hide under the cat litter tray. A day with Al always makes me want to spring clean my life a bit. So, my list of immediate 'musts':

HOME LIFE
My flat roof is leaking again - I must get it sorted properly this time

HEALTH
I've been ill for over a week and no matter how much Benylin* I drink I don't feel any better - I must go to the doctors (and must not smoke anymore)

Having just committed to a ski holiday in Whistler [note to self: must check bank balance before doing such things], there's no way I'm going to (a) get into my ski gear or (b) survive on any Canadian slopes unless I start exercising. It's no use, I must dust off my gym membership card and start exercising

WORK
I must do my expenses (boring but true)

Well, I suppose at this point I must get on with my day. Though I have to admit I'm really not in the mood for a Monday morning.

* It is 5% volume ethanol, and not a bad tipple