Thursday, January 25, 2007

Fab steak

Usually my visits to NYC are a mixture of angst, worry and long hours, as I catch the 5am train out and get back at 10.30pm.

Today was very different. Instead of working all the way there and worrying about meetings/getting stuff done, I stuffed a blanket into my laptop rucksack, headed to the quiet car (which I never go in on the baiss that you can't use mobile phones etc) and slept most of the way there. And instead of having a coffee and snack at the desk I am assigned when working at client's, the guy in charge insisted on taking me out for the best steak I have ever had, accompanied with half a bottle of Pinot Noir and as many humourous anecdotes as my sides could take.

Bought a good book for return trip, which was the slow regional train, so four and half hours which gave me chance to finish it. All in all a great day!