Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Special Little Princess (non-veggie)

My friend Spesh (short for 'Special Princess', long story) has an adorable little girl, who I am 'fairy godmother*' to, a five-year old who this week has just made the first connection between chicken that you eat and chickens that run round on farms. Spesh was concerned that this might be a problem. The conversation went something like this:

Spesh: (Wrapping up lengthy explanation to small child) ..so, the chicken we're eating is the same as the chicken on the farm.

Small child: Really?

Spesh: (Nervous in case child is traumatised by this discovery) Yes, do you want to decide what bit of the chicken you want to eat?

Small child: Yes - can I have the face?

========================================

VERDICT: Small child unlikely to be veggie. It may be sick but it made me laugh.

==========================================

* I didn't chose that title and although I pretend to dislike it most of the time, I don't really.