Monday, March 20, 2006

Pop goes the rabbit

I have a piece of a popcorn skin stuck in my mouth. Well, not in my mouth as such - it seems to be travelling. So far it has reached what I think is a tonsil / salivary gland (she says, trying to remember basic human physiology). It's really, really painful. Perhaps it's trying to make it's way to my heart and I will be remembered in the Darwin Awards. Hey ho.

Apart from that I have been working. And trying to starve myself on K's recommended starvation diet*. Yes, it's all true - it's been nothing but fun here in my hutch. Did go out to the wilds yesterday (okay, Herfordshire) to visit friends - which involved a six-mile walk > lunch (I felt not-so-strangely light-headed on the former while avoiding the latter). Also spent Saturday clearing up the hutch, which considering its size seemed to be in a right state ever since I got back from Detroit.

Finally, I have to admit that I have been in a bad mood. I have been so distracted by work that I have missed the deadline for the Edinburgh Fringe, which I wanted to perform in (I did it the year before last and although it was one of the most terrifying things I have ever done, I really want to do it again - this was at the top of my New Year resolutions). Have simmered over it and think I have found an alternative. Fingers crossed.

* Which means I can't go out as I am totally incapabable of doing anything social that doesn't involve vast quantities of food and drink. I was allowed a small amount of popcorn as a 'treat' and instead it's going to kill me. Typical.