Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Postman splat

Not the best of days today. At lunch following a tough meeting when an ashen-faced bearer-of-bad-news came to tell me that there had been a slight accident with my car (my beloved Smart Car, which was parked outside work).

Turns out a very large post van had managed to 'bump' into it. It's trashed - the door on one side is knackered, the windows on both sides are smashed (the van somehow managed to push the car into the wall so damaging both sides). Someone else who was on hand kindly helped seal it up from the elements with bubble wrap and brown tape (we could have just posted it to the insurance company) and some of the posties* sheepishly helped me to move it into the nearby sorting office garage.

* After one of them asked how I managed to park in such a tight parking space. Response: "Er, because my mother taught me to reverse" (which is more than I can say for the post driver).