Saturday, April 08, 2006

Just desserts


This is why other nations of the world - and not Japan - lead the way on the dessert trolley.

Before you ask, it's Arrowroot*. Served on a slab of ice and with a saucer full of some sort of tar / maple syrup mix. This was actually the better dessert that we chose, the other one was (from my point of view) inedible - one of the few things in the world I don't like (along with semolina and very strong curries). Though it is fun to eat with chopsticks.

There were other people on hand to appreciate the aroowroot (even the cubed version, which defies description) and to also struggle to eat it (I have a great pic but was threatened with chopsticks if I published it).

* I don't know what this is either. Though we all happily ate it. Well, not happily.